TAL International is one of the world's oldest and largest lessors of intermodal freight containers. We were founded in 1963 soon after the development of containerized trade, and today we serve virtually every major shipping line in the world. We operate our business through 17 offices in 11 countries and approximately 230 third party container depot facilities in 40 countries.
Our fleet includes over 2 million TEU of dry containers, refrigerated containers, tank containers, open tops, flat racks, chassis, generator sets and palletwide containers, making TAL one of the largest container leasing companies in the world.
We lease five types of equipment:
- Dry Freight Containers - Used for general cargo such as manufactured component parts, consumer staples, electronics and apparel
- Refrigerated Containers - Used for perishable items such as fresh and frozen food
- Special Containers - Used for heavy and oversized cargo such as marble slabs, building products and machinery
- Tank Containers - Used to transport bulk liquid products such as chemicals
- Chassis - Used for the transportation of containers domestically
Our in-house equipment sales group manages the sale process for our used containers and chassis from our equipment leasing fleet and buys and sells used and new containers and chassis acquired from third parties
We offer our customers a variety of leasing options designed to help them manage uncertain cargo demand, balance trade flows, manage seasonality and finance their growth. Our lease structures are often specifically tailored to our customers' unique operating and financial requirements.